Blog: IFPP Abstract Deadline: March 15th
March 9th, 2011
The 8th International Forum on Pediatric Pain
New concepts in complex and recurrent pain
October 13-16, 2011 White Point Beach Resort Nova Scotia, Canada
Abstract Deadline March 15th 2011
More details about abstract submission are available in the website and also appear below.
The early registration deadline is June 15, 2011. Register soon!
A call for abstracts was announced in the Fall of 2010 and can be submitted online at http://pediatric-pain.ca/home/forum-on-pediatric-pain
Submission of abstracts for poster presentation must relate to pain in children, and can be on a work in progress, original data or theory, previously published data or theory, a topical review, or a clinical case. The abstract should consist of no more than 300 words and follow the outline below (as appropriate): Title; Authors; Affiliations; Authors’ addresses; Objective; Design; Setting; Participants; Procedures; Measures; Results; Conclusions; References; Citation (if previously published). Abstracts must be in PDF, Microsoft Word, or Rich Text Format and text should be no smaller than 12 point font. Abstracts will not be published, so presentation does not preclude submission to another meeting before or after IFPP.
Authors will be emailed notification of acceptance of their posters by April 15, 2011.
The Forum will feature lectures by renowned research faculty, as well as your own peer-reviewed posters. More details about the meeting and a copy of the brochure can be found at: http://pediatric-pain.ca/home/forum-on-pediatric-pain
Confirmed topics/faculty include:
- Dr. Joel Katz (York University): Transition from acute to chronic pain
- Dr. Serge Marchand (Université de Sherbrooke): Fibromyalgia and related conditions: A basic science perspective
- Dr. Rona Levy (University of Washington): Recurrent abdominal pain
- Dr. Patrick McGrath (Dalhousie University): Headache
- Dr. Kenneth Goldschneider (Cincinnati Children’s): Complex regional pain syndrome
- Dr. Jennifer Stinson (Hospital for Sick Children): Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Dr. Gordon J. G. Asmundson (University of Regina): Fear avoidance models and chronic pain Dr. Deirdre Logan (Children’s Hospital Boston) Session Chair: Complex cases in chronic pain Drs. Jill Chorney and Allen Finley (Dalhousie University): Delivering interventions for chronic pain
The IFPP is organized by Christine Chambers, Lynn Breau, Jill Chorney, Allen Finley, Margot Latimer, and Patrick McGrath of the Centre for Pediatric Pain Research at the IWK Health Centre and Dalhousie University.
Thank you and we hope to see you at White Point!